I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Little-known peatland rodents could soon be listed as federally endangered. READ MORE The post Creature feature: Rare lemmings in Northwoods bogs appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- One of the biggest farms in the St. Croix River region has taken several steps to be better stewards of soil, water, and cows.
- Discussions will cover proposed plan to prohibit new mining activities in locations that threaten BWCAW, if successful, the prohibition would effectively block the proposed Twin Metals mine. READ MORE The post Mining ban near the Boundary Waters? The public is asked to weigh in. appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- A new short film produced by the University of Minnesota and partners including tribal fire specialists, seeks to regenerate respect for the positive impacts of fire on northern Minnesota’s ecosystem. In … READ MORE The post “We badly need good fire” New film: Oshkigin Spirit of Fire appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Closure of power plant in 2028 will deal a blow to city's tax base, and offer new opportunities.
- City council abandon effort to use eminent domain for the route.