I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Local farmers in northwestern Wisconsin are working together to improve their operations and impacts on lakes and rivers.
- Historic items help tell the story of indigenous relationship to Lake Superior landscapes. READ MORE The post Ojibwe woven mats continue link between North Shore and Isle Royale appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- A new program seeks to reach thousands of Minnesota schoolchildren with lessons from and for the BWCA wilderness. READ MORE The post Canoe country curriculum: new educational effort connects students to the Boundary Waters appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Agency disagrees with environmental and tribal advocates who say that action is needed to save the massive mammals in canoe country. READ MORE The post Federal government rejects effort to protect moose with Endangered Species Act appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- After months of effort, Carpenter Nature Center joins global system revolutionizing study of birds and other creatures on the move.
- Private landowner and The Nature Conservancy protect 2,100 acres as a "gift to Minnesotans." Undeveloped lakes and distinctive northwoods bog habitat…. READ MORE The post Large swath of Superior National Forest lands protected from development appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.