I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- A simple tool provides solitude and scenery.
- Others invited to join call for city council to consider additional options based on park plans and history.
- In significant decision, federal agency says pollution from the proposed PolyMet copper-nickel mine "may affect" downstream lakes and rivers under the jurisdiction of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. READ MORE The post EPA recognizes PolyMet mine could pollute tribal waters appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Public comments invited on plans for timber harvest and prescribed burning in eastern Superior National Forest. READ MORE The post Tofte forest management proposal would affect 333,000 acres adjacent to BWCAW appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Limited space left for paddle on June 19 to enjoy the river and write some poems.
- Citizen science opportunity lets hikers share data that will help scientists understand how people affect animals. READ MORE The post Researchers to track human impacts on Isle Royale wildlife appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.