I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Researchers reveal results of intensive study of lands and waters, sources of pollution, and recommendations for stewardship.
- The Minnesota Conservation Volunteer has been published by natural resources departments for nearly half the state's history. READ MORE The post Celebrating 80 years of woods, waters, and wilderness in the Conservation Volunteer appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Cities are danger zones for migrating birds, but there are ways to help feathered visitors pass through more safely.
- The Superior National Forest says it will try to educate visitors about responsible recreation when permits go on sale next week. READ MORE The post Forest Service adjusts Boundary Waters permit process to improve Leave No Trace education appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Elected officials and environmental groups roll out plans for legislation and other actions to prevent contamination. READ MORE The post Prove It First bill and a Path to Permanent Protection appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Launch will offer boaters access to a popular stretch of the lower St. Croix.