I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Volunteers are vital to measure how clear lakes and streams are, providing valuable information to track long-term health. The post Numerous lakes and streams in northeastern Minnesota available for citizen monitoring appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Recent rains have raised concerns about minor flooding along lower river.
- Photos by Rudi Hargesheimer share flowers, birds, and flowing water.
- Annual county-level meetings cancelled, but online questionnaire will still let residents vote on important issues.
- Boating rules in effect after rainfall raises the river level.
- Environmental Research Fellow Tori Thrash talks about her project to help people better understand unique algae.… Continue reading →