I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Aspiring sailor leaves boat in the water a little too long.
- Elusive and endangered species finds refuge in rocky reaches, where biologists seek answers to guide protection.
- State agency says nutrient levels exceed new standards, though the water has been improving in recent decades.
- U of MN researcher is joined by volunteer crew wading into mussel research.
- Moose Lake farm works toward state water certification by collaborating with local agency to make numerous improvements.