I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- W.H.C. Folsom was everything from a logger to a legislator, and documented as much history as he made.
- A new survey finds split opinions but strong desire to prevent pollution. 61 percent of respondents said they agree mining should be prohibited… READ MORE The post Survey says Minnesotans support strong mining protections appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Departing superintendent will take over leadership at historic site in Massachusetts.
- Rare wetland next to Lake Superior will be protected as new Scientific and Natural Area. READ MORE The post Unique North Shore wetland to preserve rare plants with public access appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Photos, video, and observations of colorful trees and cool water as autumn falls.
- Major 19th century infrastructure project made logging and settlement possible in the region.