I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Rise in conflict between campers and bears has led Forest Service to require visitors keep their food safe. READ MORE The post Superior National Forest orders bear precautions appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- A strange sojourn under sooty skies with smallmouth bass that just won't bite.
- Twin Cities reporter enjoys the river and the community.
- Hot summer, lots of algae kill countless fish and make for a smelly lake.
- Journalists report on how massive swine operations are increasing in Wisconsin — and resistance is, too.
- State grant makes it possible for Anishinabe Academy and Belwin Conservancy to work together on education and land management.