I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Winter hiking along the frozen river opens a window to this subtle season.
- Respected northern Minnesota rescue squad responded to hundreds of calls last year, including almost 20 in the Boundary Waters wilderness. The post Search-and-rescue crew recaps year of Boundary Waters emergencies appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- State and mining company ask Supreme Court to review decision by Court of Appeals that requires a contested case hearing to consider facts affecting permits in front of a judge. The post DNR and PolyMet appeal order to conduct judicial review of controversial copper mine permits appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Legislators seek to give state agency the power to decide where new livestock facilities are located.
- The city is now accepting comments to finalize a concept plan for the Aiple property, featuring extensive river frontage near downtown.
- Wild and Scenic Rivers program publishes St. Croix 360 stories about scientific studies of unique aquatic creatures.