I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Researchers say a large beaver population may save a lot of moose calves in the wild northern Minnesota park. READ MORE The post Bountiful beavers may be key to moose survival in Voyageurs National Park appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Thank you to the 21 people who have contributed since we started our campaign to double St. Croix 360 supporters.
- A journey by boat and foot brings me to a meeting and back again — with much to see along the way.
- New study details how earthworms are spread by people, and controlled by fire. READ MORE The post Non-native worms in Boundary Waters connected to campsites, fires, entry points appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- St. Croix 360's readers and supporters are a force of nature.
- Volunteers have spent 15 years restoring site, but MNDOT is now moving to sell it.