I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- After three years of work, the bridge reopened without the planned celebrations, which have been postponed.
- Many people are interested in visiting the wilderness area this summer, and local businesses are trying to meet their needs while staying safe. READ MORE The post Boundary Waters outfitters report high demand, take precautions to protect health appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- When the wood thrush sings, the world listens.
- A new guide helps visitors enjoy the BWCAW this summer with helpful information for any level of canoe camping experience. READ MORE The post Resources ready to help novices have a successful first trip to the Boundary Waters appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- 'This Wild Land' focuses on lessons from past wilderness advocates for people fighting modern threats. READ MORE The post Watch: Documentary traces long legacy of defending the Boundary Waters appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Debate over the growing sand and gravel quarry near Osceola is coming to a critical juncture.