I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Conflict over trail route and impact on Dock Café appears to have been resolved.
- Many more people than normal enjoyed St. Croix River park and trans-Wisconsin trail.
- City decides to end hydropower generation rather than perform costly repairs for a couple more years of service.
- Lake St. Croix Beach seeks to regulate apartments — but state says they're simply not allowed.
- Competing bills introduced to require or prohibit hunting season as state takes over management. READ MORE The post Minnesota legislature deliberates wolf hunting after removal from Endangered Species List appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- The National Park Service has approved the proposal, and legislation is in the works.