I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Permit holders will be required to receive training this year to help prevent problems seen last summer. READ MORE The post Forest Service changes Boundary Waters permit process to increase Leave No Trace awareness appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Washington County project could preserve large area of valuable wildlife habitat while expanding parks and public lands.
- Minnesota's school trust lands could generate revenue for education from carbon offsets, studying an alternative to logging, mining. READ MORE The post Protecting public forests could help reduce climate change and fund Minnesota schools appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Letter requests new administration complete its analysis of whether mining can be done safely in Boundary Waters watershed. READ MORE The post Senator Smith calls for Biden appointees to finish mining study and consider 20-year prohibition appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- With international border still closed, foundation invites participants to carry a canoe the same distance as one of the park's portages. READ MORE The post Quetico Portage Challenge – connect virtually with wilderness park appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Government attorneys, engineers, and scientists hit the brakes on both proposed mines in Minnesota's northwoods. READ MORE The post Federal officials pause both Twin Metals and PolyMet copper-nickel mine proposals appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.