I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- Up and coming St. Croix Valley potters make lives from making stoneware.
- Ten years after the biggest wildfire in a century, the forest is full of life, and reminders of the Boundary Waters inferno. READ MORE The post Tracking change in the path of the Pagami Creek Fire 10 years later appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Officials move to manage risks from proposed swine operations.
- A recent encounter with this year's hatchlings revealed a tenacious animal.
- New reports detail pristine waters of northeastern Minnesota, threats to the health, and strategies to protect them. READ MORE The post Report: water quality “pristine” in Boundary Waters watersheds needs protection appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Discovery of juvenile invasive mussels indicates population is reproducing in iconic border lake and potentially within Voyageurs National Park. READ MORE The post Zebra mussels confirmed in Rainy Lake appeared first on Quetico Superior Wilderness News.