I am a writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River watershed of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
My work focuses on science, lakes and rivers, wilderness, and other precious resources.
I create stories to inspire stewardship.
St. Croix 360
St. Croix Watershed Research Station
Quetico Superior Wilderness News
Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix, 2012-2018
Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.
- ST. CROIX WATERSHED RESEARCH STATION ANNOUNCES ARTIST/WRITER RESIDENCIES FOR SUMMER 2020: Enhancing Scientific Understanding Through ArtApplications are being accepted through Feb. 29 to spend a few weeks living and working on the banks of the St. Croix River at the historic Pine Needles cabin.… Continue reading →
- Manure from CAFO in Willow River region flowed off field where it had been spread.
- Biologists alarmed about mass mussel deaths across the country look to the healthy St. Croix to help figure out what's happening.
- In a prairie on the river bluffs, researchers are slowly and steadily learning about the region's largest snakes.
- Balloons, cigarette butts, and more are a prevalent problem, but everyone can help solve it.
- Scientists show how game fish populations have declined in area where carp are established — a worrisome omen for the St. Croix.