Writer and river bum rooted in the St. Croix River region of Minnesota and Wisconsin, residing in May Township, MN. Father, husband, friend. Contains multitudes.
Random recent work:
The St. Croix River rises in northern Wisconsin where springs bubble up in bogs and trickle together to form the river. Just a few miles downstream, the clear waters of the Eau Claire River flow in. Another twenty miles south, the Namekagon joins the St. Croix. A short ways up the Namekagon, the Totogatic River […]
A radical new approach to letting those who work the land lead the way to reduce runoff. Continue reading…
Researchers find tiny pieces of plastic in the water from Seeley to Prescott. Continue Reading »
Always working and learning:
- Resident writer at St. Croix Watershed Research Station, Science Museum of Minnesota.
- Publisher of St. Croix 360, in partnership with St. Croix River Association.
- Writer at Quetico Superior Wilderness News.
- Communications partner for Belwin Conservancy.
- Words in Canoe & Kayak, Minnesota Conservation Volunteer, numerous newspapers.
- Board of directors of ArtReach St. Croix.
Previous partners include Arts Midwest, The Phipps Center for the Arts, Minnesota Trails, Zumbro Watershed Partnership.
Formerly communications director for the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness from 2008-2012; Board of directors of Voyageurs National Park Association.