Hello! Let’s get it out of the way that writing about one’s self is always unsettling. That’s why it’s a good idea to have someone else do it sometimes.
Words are my thing. They have been pretty much since I can remember.
- 1987: Dad brings home an Amstrad word processor. With no real games available, I started typing a story.
- 1997-1998: Editor-in-chief of the school newspaper, written & spoken word scholarship recipient, awkward teenager.
- 2002: Receive English degree from University of Minnesota
- 2003-2008: Corporate communications department at Thomson Reuters
- 2004: Launch The Dharma Blog, get married
- 2006: Communications volunteer, board member, Voyageurs National Park Association
- 2007: First volume of Esker
- 2008: Communications Director, Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness
- 2009: Second volume of Esker
- 2011: Launch St. Croix 360
- 2012: Daughter Annika born, my muse
- 2013: Launch Greg Seitz Writing & Communications
Today, my clients include the St. Croix River Association, the Quetico Superior Foundation/Wilderness News, the St. Croix Watershed Research Station, the St. Croix Valley Foundation, and The Phipps Center for the Arts.
Past projects include communications planning for the Zumbro Watershed Partnership and writing and social media for Minnesota Trails magazine.